The revolutionary Half Keyboard allows you type with just one hand, using your existing skills. Now your other hand is always free when you need it.
The ultra-compact Half Keyboard is a one-handed version of the standard desktop keyboard. It uses full-size, high-quality laptop-style keys for excellent typing comfort and speed. The Half Keyboard's sleek, minimal design makes a great addition to your regular keyboard, or a really cool replacement that uses very little desk space. Simply plug it into your computer via USB and start typing!
If you’ve never learned to type before, you can learn one-handed typing in the same time – and at the same time – as two-handed typing. If you’re already a touch-typist, you can learn one-handed typing in a matter of minutes, with little or no retraining.
- Type while talking on the phone.
- Easier text editing – Scroll, select text, type corrections, or make deletions, without moving your hand back and forth between keyboard and mouse.
- Hold documents in one hand and type them in with the other hand.
- Users of Desktop Publishing, CAD, Photoshop and other graphics software can change tools and issue commands on the Half Keyboard, without taking their hand off the mouse or stylus.
- One hand incapacitated? Type with the other! A Half Keyboard is ideal for someone with a hand injury or disability.
- With practice, up to 88% as fast as your two-handed speed. The current speed record is 64 words-per-minute!
- How does it work?
1. Place your hand on the keyboard, in the standard position.
2. The letters under your hand are exactly the same as on a regular keyboard. You already know how to type them – no learning required!
3. For the other half of the keyboard, you need to hold down the space bar. When you hold down the space bar, the keys under your hand change to the other half of the keyboard.
4. To type a space, just tap the space bar.
5. That’s all there is to it! It’s just like regular typing, except you hold down the space bar to get the other half of the keyboard.