Please note: This product is available to Oregon and Washington customers only. Please contact us at 1.866.606.8551 for details.
This fifth generation of the Focus Braille Display line from Freedom Scientific incorporates their vast knowledge base from manufacturing and servicing displays in the previous designs. The new housing is an aluminum extrusion on a steel base. Each Braille cell is physically isolated from its neighbors. The housing incorporates bumpers that absorb shock when the unit is dropped or knocked against a wall or door. The durable unit has been drop-tested to US Military Standard MIL-STD-810G.
A single smooth cell cap covers the Braille, so you feel only the Braille pins, no seams. Special attention has been paid to the dot keys and spacebar to ensure smooth positive feedback and quiet operation. The Braille pins have been retooled to provide a crisper, more uniform feel that you’ll notice with your first reading.
The world-class refreshable Braille displays deliver efficient Braille input and outstanding output for your PC or mobile device. The robust Bluetooth ® connectivity provides seamless use with Windows ® , Mac ® , iPhones ® , iPads ® , and Android ™ smartphones and tablets. Ergonomic navigation features allow quick, natural hand movements for greater productivity. When the Focus Braille displays are used with JAWS ® screen reading software, they support our popular Braille Study Mode, an interactive tool for teaching and learning Braille.
• 8-dot Braille keyboard
• Seamless Braille with a more crisp and uniform feel
• Convenient front panel controls and customizable NAV rockers
• Select your personal Braille firmness with VariBraille
• Time and date display
• Use the display without removing it from the protective carrying case
Compatibility & Connectivity
• Bluetooth® 4.1 connectivity: switch between five Bluetooth devices and one USB connection
• Out-of-the-box compatibility with Apple® iOS 11 and Android™ devices
• Works with JAWS® BrailleIn™ for contracted Braille input and full control in Windows®